Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Archana Turaga <Ar...@intervoice.com> on 2005/10/21 20:51:53 UTC

REQUEST PROBLEM in JSR 168 portlets

Hi everyone,

I'm still trying to find a solution for this problem. It is a major
problems since now the only ways we can access the pages again after the
screens are in this state is logout and then login. I will again
reiterate it. PLEASE EXPERTS/GURUS ANY GUIDANCE WILL BE OF GREAT HELP.

-I have defined certain parameters as part of my view page in the
portlet.xml.
-I noticed that when I navigate to one link do some action go to another
link and then come back to the previous link the request parameters seem
to be lost (Also look at the email Amit has outlined).
-After reading the JSR 168 spec ("PLT.11.1.1 Request Parameters")and
struts bridges document(Readme.txt) it seems that if RenderRequest is
used to display the page the parameters in request scope should not be
depended upon. That is what I concluded. Is there a way to get around
this problem.

AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCE.
Regards,
Archana

From: "Archana Turaga" <Ar...@intervoice.com>
To: "Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 15:35:25 -0500

Amit,
Do you know how this issue can be resolved? Thanks once again for your
time. I guess I'm desperate to find the solution.
Regards,
Archana

From: "Archana Turaga" <Ar...@intervoice.com>
To: "Jetspeed Users List" <je...@portals.apache.org>
Subject: request problem in the struts portlets
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 09:59:41 -0500

Hello,

I'm having a major problem here...most probably it is something that
someone has run into. I have taken my struts webapp and broken it into
JSR168 portlets (Each view page with some parameters). I have aligned
all of them in a menu and then I navigate between these pages. There is
one page that appears as Create/Update....both are defined with separate
parameters in portlet.xml. So each time the link is clicked the relevant
parameters are passed in the request to that same page.

The problem is here (I will try my best to explain):

1)       Navigate to the create link and input some values.

2)       Then navigate to the update link and input some values and
submit.

3)       Navigate back to the create link and it seems as if has not got
the parameters it needs...because some create related display items do
not show up as they should. Basically it does not behave like a page
that has been navigated into the first time. This seems as if somehow
the request was not a new one when the link was clicked...it lost it's
state. Almost seems like some caching of request going on.

PLEASE PLEASE any pointers anyone. Is there a configuration parameter
somewhere that I need to look at? This is a big problem currently.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

Regards,

Archana

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the
person(s)
to whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by
any
person other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's
designees is strictly prohibited. If you are the intended recipient, you

must treat the information in confidence and in accordance with all laws

related to the privacy and confidentiality of such information.  If you
are
not the intended recipient or their designee, please notify the sender
immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies of this email,
including
all attachments.

Re: REQUEST PROBLEM in JSR 168 portlets

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
Wiadomosc od Archana Turaga z 2005-10-21 20:51 brzmiala:

> -I have defined certain parameters as part of my view page in the
> portlet.xml.
> -I noticed that when I navigate to one link do some action go to another
> link and then come back to the previous link the request parameters seem
> to be lost (Also look at the email Amit has outlined).
> -After reading the JSR 168 spec ("PLT.11.1.1 Request Parameters")and
> struts bridges document(Readme.txt) it seems that if RenderRequest is
> used to display the page the parameters in request scope should not be
> depended upon. That is what I concluded. Is there a way to get around
> this problem.
Maybe you should try storing the parameters in the application scope, e.g.
<RenderRequest>.getPortletSession().setAttribute(<String>, <Object>,
PortletSession.APPLICATION_SCOPE);
or cast a PortletSession object to a HTTPSession object:
((HTTPSession)<RenderRequest>.getPortletSession()).setAttribute(<String>,
<Object>);

--
pozdrawiam,
     Jacek Wislicki