Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Benjamin Dixon <be...@arches.uga.edu> on 2000/09/18 21:04:14 UTC

General Questions

Hi all,

I'm presently working on integrating Cocoon with our production site.
Right now we're in the opening stages of a revamp and I think since we
will be supporting wireless, web-based, and paper-based solutions to our
clients that cocoon is the way to go. Now my plight is trying to convince
management thats its a good thing (tm) and trying to get the other
developers on my team to realize that, though the learning curve is little
steeper than ColdFusion, in the end this could make managing all the
separate sites (which all depend on the same data in the database) a lot
easier. So what I want to know is, who is using Cocoon in a production
environment? Is it ready for a production environment? And how have any
you gone about making the switch from some other tehnology to Cocoon?
I also have some XSP questions but I'll save those til later. :>

Ben

SQL and XSP

Posted by Benjamin Dixon <be...@arches.uga.edu>.
Are you using XSP at all? I have a question about grouping columns from a
sql database into logical tags. For example I was trying to modify the
taglib.xml sample in the sql directory to select dates out of my database.
Dates are stored in separate fields as month, day, and year so they come
out as <month> etc... what I want is for them to come out as
<date>...</date>. I don't mind even if it comes out as
sqlProcessor and XSP to be somewhat limited. Any pointers would be
appreciated as well.

Ben

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Alexandre Odoni wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> I work in a company here in Brazil that develop sistems.
> We recently created a group to develop internet applications.
> We started developing in delphi, after switched to servlets and now i�m
> moving to coccon.
> I think that�s the best solution now to develop internet applications, cause
> it�s very easy and the development is very fast.
> The only problem is to convenc the people who woks with me to learn how to
> develop in cocoon.

 Latin is a language, As dead as can be. First it killed the
Romans, And now it's killing me.

RE: General Questions

Posted by Russ White <ru...@earthlink.net>.
We use Cocoon for projects with Sara Lee corporation on our Intranet and
Internet sites. Cocoon rocks. We use Cocoon with Resin, and Inprise
Application Server. This gives a great suite of tools.

Re: General Questions