Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Reuben Christie <rc...@decisiontech.com> on 2004/07/08 18:24:06 UTC

how to get Table names in the datasource

I m newbie to cocoon. I am trying to get list of tables in my MSSQL
datasource using XSP. how do I do that ? i am confused because in xsp you
dont create connection its cocoon who manages the connection to db.so how do
i get object of type java.sql.Connection ? so that i can write the following
code to get the table name in that database
try {
        // Gets the database metadata
        DatabaseMetaData dbmd = connection.getMetaData();

        // Specify the type of object; in this case we want tables
        String[] types = {"TABLE"};
        ResultSet resultSet = dbmd.getTables(null, null, "%", types);

        // Get the table names
        while (resultSet.next()) {
            // Get the table name
            String tableName = resultSet.getString(3);

            // Get the table's catalog and schema names (if any)
            String tableCatalog = resultSet.getString(1);
            String tableSchema = resultSet.getString(2);
        }
    } catch (SQLException e) {
    }