Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Vallen <va...@gmx.net> on 2002/05/08 15:15:00 UTC

determinig mime type of ressources

Hello all,

I am building an application that transforms requested Ressources for mobile
Devices.
It shall accept many source formats and transform into a format appropiate
for the client (xhtml, xhtml-basic, wml, chtml).

While I've got the concept working, there remains one glitch:
For now cocoon can determine the type of the source document solely on the
basis of the filename extension.

But I want to know the content-type of the HTTP-Response Header, so the
transformation determines the right source format regardless the file
extenstion.
I've found no sitemap component that seems capable of doing this.

My question is how would I best go about implementing such a component?

The only existing component I'm aware of that does provide information about
a source document - albeit the most basic - is the RessourceExistsAction.

Would it be feasible to make a selector with this functionality? Any hints to
documentation, examples, that can get me going?

Thanks,
Andreas Vallen