Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by albaruthenia <al...@nih.gov> on 2017/02/17 13:21:48 UTC

Sharing NiFi instance

Hello Everyone,we are just starting with NiFi, so I have a rookie question:
can the same instance of NiFi be simultaneously used by several developers
or teams of developers working independently on separate flows?Thanks in
advance.

Re: Sharing NiFi instance

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely yes.  On a secured instance you can control who has access to
what in a fine grained manner.

Re: Sharing NiFi instance

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Yes absolutely. Several users can access the UI at the same time without
any issue, besides each node of your NiFi cluster (if not running in
standalone) can be used to access the UI. Note that, in case two developers
modify the same object at the same time, the last one will get an error
message and will have to refresh the object to pick the modifications
performed by the other developer. To avoid such inconvenience, the best
practice is to divide your canvas by "working directory" using the process
group abstraction - this way, each developer / project may use its own
process group and develop flows in it. It also allows you to define
policies regarding who can access/do what in a process group.

Hope this helps.
Pierre.