Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by shadowdancer351 <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2011/11/23 18:11:39 UTC

can only see ROOT webapp

I am using Tomcat 4 on Linux. (I have no choice on using a newer version -
this is company software)

I can see any html page i put in the ROOT directory, but I can't see any of
the built-in webapps by typing in the URL
http://myhost:8080/manager/index.html (yes that index.html file exists in
that directory). It won't work for "tomcat-docs" or "examples" either. I
tried putting in my own webapp and I couldn't see that either. I've added
the context definition to the server.xml file and restarted tomcat. Is there
anything else I should do?

Re: can only see ROOT webapp

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.