Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Huber <mh...@project-team.de> on 2009/01/08 14:57:56 UTC

Working with dynamic values in deployed poms?

Dear mailing list,

as far as I understand Maven, the benefit of a deployed artifact is
that regarding to the pom the dependencies are
fixed to a version and aren't changing anymore.

But how do I nail down a specific version, if I have defined it with a
property in my pom and set a new value in
a profile like:

<dependency>
   <groupId>com.myCompany</groupId>
   <artifactId>dependendProject</artifactId>
   <version>${useVersion}</version>
</dependency>

<properties>
   <useVersion>1.0.0</useVersion>
</properties>

<profiles>
   <profile>
     <id>aProfile</id>
     <properties>
       <useVersion>1.1.0</useVersion>
     </properties>

If I now deploy the project with "mvn clean deploy -PaProfile" and
someone uses my project as dependency he/she
will get the "dependendProject" with version 1.0.0 instead of 1.1.0 as
transitive dependency, because the default
property for "useVersion" is 1.0.0.

Is there a way to remove all dynamic content in the deployed pom, that
all properties are fixed?

Thank you for your answers,
Marco