Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <gg...@seagullsw.com> on 2003/10/23 00:58:55 UTC

[lang] ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString() and statics.

Hello,

I have a case where I am working with an IBM class which holds values on the
static side only. So I would like to be able to see these statics like so:

ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString(MQEnvironment.class)

or

ReflectionToStringBuilder.toString(MQEnvironment.class)

My question is:

Does anyone object to having a boolean parameter to show statics (default
false) like we have now for transients?

Thanks,
Gary

Re: [lang] ToStringBuilder.reflectionToString() and statics.

Posted by Stephen Colebourne <sc...@btopenworld.com>.
Perhaps just on the ReflectionToStringBuilder?

Or maybe have a diferent method name - toStringWithStatics()

Stephen