Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Daniel DeGroff <dj...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/08 16:48:20 UTC

AbstractDecoratorActionsFactory localization problem with alt text

I'm running Jetspeed 2.2.0.

When switching between Japanese and English, the alt text for the portlet
decorator actions are not consistently in the correct locale.

While using the ja locale, the alt text will remain in English for
'Maximize', 'Minimize' etc, and vice versa, while using en locale, the
Japanese characters may display for the alt text.

I don't know if there is something I'm doing incorrectly, or if this is an
issue with Jetspeed.

While stepping through AbstractDecoratorActionsFactory.createAction, one
line 169

HashMap resourcesMap = (HashMap)actionResourcesMap.get();

If this returns a reference, the values in the resourceMap are not cleared
and initialized with the values from the localized bundle.
The resourceMap contains the localized bundle, it seems that even if a valid
reference is returned, the locale of the bundle in the resourceMap should be
compared with locale in the JetspeedRequestContext to see if it needs to be
updated.

Because the resourceMap is not cleared when the locale changes, the
localizedName string used to create the new DecoratorAction is in the wrong
locale.

Re: AbstractDecoratorActionsFactory localization problem with alt text

Posted by robotdan <dj...@gmail.com>.
Yes, thank you.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-1249

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@yahoo.com>.