Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dharhsana <re...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/10 13:22:56 UTC

Connection refused when excecuting the query

Hi to all,
when i try to execute my query i get Connection refused ,can any one please
tell me what should be done for this ,to make my solr run.

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException: java.net.ConnectException:
Connection refused: connect
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:471)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:242)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.QueryRequest.process(QueryRequest.java:89)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.query(SolrServer.java:118)
        at
com.cloud.seviceImpl.InsertToSolrServiceImpl.getMyBlogs(InsertToSolrServiceImpl.java:214)
        at
com.cloud.struts.action.MyBlogAction.execute(MyBlogAction.java:42)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:425)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:228)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
        at
org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
        at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:567)
        at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.SingleSignOn.invoke(SingleSignOn.java:394)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:293)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:849)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:454)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:80)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.protocol.DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.createSocket(DefaultProtocolSocketFactory.java:122)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:707)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager$HttpConnectionAdapter.open(MultiThreadedHttpConnectionManager.java:1361)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry(HttpMethodDirector.java:387)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod(HttpMethodDirector.java:171)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:397)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:323)
        at
org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:415)

with regrards,

rekha

Re: Connection refused when excecuting the query

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
bq: I have the same problem. can you help me how to solve this?
CommonsHttpSolrServer is running very well.

So I don't understand your problem. You say "CommonsHttpSolrServer is
running very well", so are you seeing the "connection refused" message
or not? And did you follow Shalin's clue and insure that your Solr
server is running at the URL you specify (hint, you should be able to
access your Solr from the browser with the same URL)..

Best
Erick

Posted by Bhavesh jogi <bh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 4:52 PM, dharhsana <re...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi to all,
> when i try to execute my query i get Connection refused ,can any one please
> tell me what should be done for this ,to make my solr run.
>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
> java.net.ConnectException:
> Connection refused: connect
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServerException:
> java.net.ConnectException:
> Connection refused: connect
>        at
>
> org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.CommonsHttpSolrServer.request(CommonsHttpSolrServer.java:471)
>        at

Your Solr server is not running at the url you have given to
CommonsHttpSolrServer. Make sure you have given the correct url and Solr is
actually up and running at that url.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.