Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Ingmar Stein <st...@xtramind.com> on 2001/09/10 15:37:50 UTC

[PATH]XML declaration for XmlLogger

Hi all,

I added an XML declaration (<?xml version="1.0"?>) to the XML log file.
Also, I removed some extra spaces in XmlLogger.java.

With the current BuildListener/BuildLogger interfaces, it seems impossible
use the existing XmlLogger for the record task. The "stop" action does not
really stop the Logger and the XML file is only written when the
buildFinished
event is fired. Thus you can't do anything with the XML file such as copying
or
XSL transforms until the build is finished...

Cheers,

Ingmar

Re: [PATH]XML declaration for XmlLogger

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 10 Sep 2001 23:37, Ingmar Stein wrote:
> I added an XML declaration (<?xml version="1.0"?>) to the XML log file.
> Also, I removed some extra spaces in XmlLogger.java.

applied - thanks. In future would you be able to use a unified diff (-u
option IIRC) because that way it is easier to judge where changes come from.

> With the current BuildListener/BuildLogger interfaces, it seems impossible
> use the existing XmlLogger for the record task. The "stop" action does not
> really stop the Logger and the XML file is only written when the
> buildFinished
> event is fired. Thus you can't do anything with the XML file such as
> copying or
> XSL transforms until the build is finished...

yep - recorder is only used for a particular BuildLogger. This will change in
Ant2 ... but do you have a good way to do it in Ant1.x ???

--
Cheers,

Pete

"If you don't know where you want to go, we'll make
sure you get taken."
Microsoft ad slogan, translated into Japanese.