Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov> on 2012/07/13 18:58:11 UTC

change to jira notifications

All,

JIRA notifications (ticket creation, changes, and comments) will now be sent to a separate list, notifications@accumulo.apache.org.  To keep receiving these notifications, you must subscribe to the list separately by sending an email to notifications-subscribe@accumulo.apache.org.  The upside is that when you reply to messages sent to the notifications list, your reply should be posted back to the JIRA ticket as a comment.

Billie

Re: change to jira notifications

Posted by Adam Fuchs <af...@apache.org>.
Todd,

The big problem we're trying to solve is that we want the reply-to for jira
messages to go to jira@apache.org so that email replies automatically get
posted as comments. It seems we can only do this for messages posted to the
new notifications list. Do you know how to solve both problems at the same
time?

Adam

Posted by Billie J Rinaldi <bi...@ugov.gov>.
On Friday, July 13, 2012 1:00:42 PM, "Todd Lipcon" <to...@cloudera.com> wrote:
> Hey Billie,
>
> One thing which has worked well in other projects has been to send the
> JIRA *creations* to the dev list, whereas all of the other
> notifications go elsewhere. This is nice for folks like me who want to
> follow the occasional issue (by "watching" on JIRA) but not see all
> the comment traffic.
>
> Anyone else think this would be useful? If not, I'll just subscribe to
> notifications@ and set up some aggressive filters.

That would be fine with me.  In fact I still need to put in the ticket to change where notifications are sent, so now is a good time to decide if we want some notifications to remain going to dev.

Billie

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@cloudera.com>.
Hey Billie,