Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/04 09:31:02 UTC

How to reduce the search speed of solrcloud

Hi All,

Hi All, I am new to Solr. And i dont know how to increase the search speed
of solrcloud. I have indexed nearly 4 GB of data. When i am searching a
document using java with solrj, solr takes more 6 seconds to return a query
result. Any one please help me to reduce the search query time to less than
500 ms. i have allocate the 4 GB ram for solr. Please let me know for
further details about solrcloud config.

Re: How to reduce the search speed of solrcloud

Posted by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Anshum,

I am using Solr 4.7. And i follow this
tutorial<http://myjeeva.com/solrcloud-cluster-single-collection-deployment.html>to
setup a solrcloud. I have only one collection in my solr. Kindly let
me,
if u need more details.

Posted by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I use this link to setup a solrcloud
http://myjeeva.com/solrcloud-cluster-single-collection-deployment.html And
i use 5 different machine to setup this cloud. I use Unique id.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

I found that which is taking more time. It is *server.query*

 SolrDataDAO dataDao = new SolrDataDAO();
QueryResponse resp = dataDao.queryData(0, 1, subject);
SolrDocumentList data = resp.getResults();
System.out.println("len " + data.size());
System.out.println();

Subject is passed to here:

public QueryResponse queryData(int start, int rows, String query)
throws Exception {
ModifiableSolrParams solrParams = new ModifiableSolrParams();
try {

query = Clean(query);
query = escaping(query);

// String q = "\"";
// query = q + query + q;
// System.out.println("--------\t------------\t----------");

System.out.println("Checking :" + query);
solrParams.set("q", escaping(query));
solrParams.set("start", start);
solrParams.set("rows", rows);

// solrParams.set("facet", facet); // Facets if required

} catch (Exception e) {
e.printStackTrace();
// System.err.println("Error subject :"+query);
}
//return is taking more time...
return server.query(solrParams);
}

Here i am sending the subject to Solr for searching and it is searched
within 200 to 300 ms. But while returning the search result
to QueryResponse, Its getting delay. I dont know why and how to solve this.
Please help me friends. My project is nearly completing stage. Please help
me to complete. Also let me know more details.

Posted by Anshum Gupta <an...@anshumgupta.net>.
I am not sure if you setup your SolrCloud right. Can you also provide me
with the version of Solr that you're running.
Also, if you could tell me about how did you setup your SolrCloud cluster.
Are the times consistent? Is this the only collection on the cluster?

Also, if I am getting it right, you have 15 ZKs running. Correct me if I'm
wrong, but if I'm not, you don't need that kind of a zk setup.

On Fri, Apr 4, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Sathya <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi shawn,
>
> I have indexed 50 million data in 5 servers. 3 servers have 8gb ram. One
> have 24gb and another one have 64gb ram. I was allocate 4 gb ram to solr in
> each machine. I am using solrcloud. My total index size is 50gb including 5
> servers. Each server have 3 zookeepers. Still I didnt check about OS disk
> cache and heap memory. I will check and let u know shawn. If anything, pls
> let me know.
>
> Thank u shawn.
>
> On Friday, April 4, 2014, Shawn Heisey-4 [via Lucene] <
> ml-node+s472066n4129150h25@n3.nabble.com> wrote:
> > On 4/4/2014 1:31 AM, Sathya wrote:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> Hi All, I am new to Solr. And i dont know how to increase the search
> speed
> >> of solrcloud. I have indexed nearly 4 GB of data. When i am searching a
> >> document using java with solrj, solr takes more 6 seconds to return a
> query
> >> result. Any one please help me to reduce the search query time to less
> than
> >> 500 ms. i have allocate the 4 GB ram for solr. Please let me know for
> >> further details about solrcloud config.
> >
> > How much total RAM do you have on the system, and how much total index
> > data is on that system (adding up all the Solr cores)?  You've already
> > said that you have allocated 4GB of RAM for Solr.
> >
> > Later you said you had 50 million documents, and then you showed us a
> > URL that looks like SolrCloud.
> >
> > I suspect that you don't have enough RAM left over to cache your index
> > effectively -- the OS Disk Cache is too small.
> >
> > http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrPerformanceProblems
> >
> > Another possible problem, also discussed on that page, is that your Java
> > heap is too small.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Shawn

> here.
> > NAML

Anshum Gupta
http://www.anshumgupta.net

Re: How to reduce the search speed of solrcloud

Posted by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi shawn,

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com>.
You said your request is 6 seconds when going through the SolrJ
client. But it is 1 second (1000 ms) when going directly to Solr
bypassing the SolrJ. So, the other 5 seconds must be added outside of
Solr. Concentrate on that.

Regarding your schema, you used example schema that has a lot of stuff
you do not need. Here is what a very small schema looks like:
https://github.com/arafalov/solr-indexing-book/blob/master/published/collection1/conf/schema.xml
, so you can compare. That's an example from my book. You may find the
book a fast way to get from your current state to early intermediate
(no cloud examples, though).

Contact me directly if you need a discount.

Regards,
   Alex.

Posted by Sathya <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,