Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Arvid Ephraim Picciani <ae...@ibcsolutions.de> on 2008/04/11 19:02:03 UTC

Re: FW: Why is this spam passing my SA (counterfeit goods)

On Friday 11 April 2008 19:53:30 Josie Walls wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Would this group agree that requiring 5 hits in order to classify an email
> as spam is too conservative a number?

i disagree.
Rather then setting the score lower, you should set specific test higher that
do match the spam specific to your network. Most of the tests are scored very
low by default, becouse the default config has to be sane for a large amount
of users.

> I suspect ISPs have their filter settings at 3 or less.
some ISPs use spamfilters that identify messages as 100000% spam if they
contain the word "fuck".
that doesn't mean it's smart.

--
best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen