Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Spangler, Tim" <Ti...@ADP.com> on 2008/04/09 19:44:14 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache 2.2.8 using custom openssl install

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Apache to point to openssl 0.9.8g on a 64bit
install of SLES 10.  I've installed openssl 0.9.8g to
/app/openssl/0.9.8g and /usr/local/ssl with the --shared option, and
have added /app/openssl/0.9.8g/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and run ldconfig.
As far as I can tell, the default installed version of openssl with SLES
10 is unusable by apache.

I point an open source Apache build (2.2.8) against this openssl
install. In the 32 bit OS install, Apache runs fine.  In the 64 bit
install, apache errors on start with this error:

Cannot load /app/Apache/e2e01/modules/mod_ssl.so into server:
/app/Apache/e2e01/modules/mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol:
SSL_CTX_set_info_callback

Unfortuantly a google search on "mod_ssl.so: undefined symbol:
SSL_CTX_set_info_callback" reveals little information.  Even though
Apache compiles, I can't get it to start.

Thanks in advace for any help,

-Tim Spangler

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of
the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this
communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return
email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.