Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by depub2 <de...@mxsi.com> on 2004/03/30 08:33:17 UTC

Internet Explorer 6.0 cocoon reader PDF defect?

I am unable to get MS IE 6.0 to display a PDF file that
comes from a reader. It works fine when using the fo2pdf
serializer, but I need to use the reader to read a file.

The following sitemap excerpt behaves nicely with Mozilla
and MS IE 5.5; BUT NOT MS IE 6.0.

<map:match pattern="PDFdebug/*.pdf">
  <map:read mime-type="application/pdf"  src="{1}.pdf"/>
</map:match>

Using cocoon 2.1.4 release.

Help!! What's the problem??

David

Re: Internet Explorer 6.0 cocoon reader PDF defect

Posted by Leon Widdershoven <qa...@dds.nl>.
It  also looks like ie6 requires the content-length to be set. Does a
Read do that?
(Search Microsoft.com for explorer pdf mime:)
Does a right-click Save-As function?

Posted by Leon Widdershoven <qa...@dds.nl>.
have you tried image/pdf? That seems to be used by some platforms:)

I assume you have acrobat reader installed:)

Posted by depub2 <de...@mxsi.com>.
No, save-as fails.
No, "image/pdf", and "images/pdf", fails & they break ie5.5
Yes, I have acrobat installed.

Please, can an experienced cocoon developer familiar with
the "map:read" internals try the three lines of sitemap code
below with ie6 and then fix the code? Maybe it is the
content length not being set by the reader as an earlier
post suggests. It sure would be nice if cocoon could present
static PDF's.