Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/17 10:06:17 UTC

Release Apache jclouds 1.9.3

Hi!

Now that jclouds 2.0.0 is out, I think we could consider releasing jclouds
1.9.3 this week.

I encourage everyone to run the live tests from 1.9.x for your favorite
providers and share the results and open PR with last minute fixes for the
live tests that are failing, potentially on master branch as well.
All major providers should be working as expected though, and I hope we can
release by the end of this week.

If you have something to discuss regarding the release, please shout!

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: Release Apache jclouds 1.9.3

Posted by Andrea Turli <an...@gmail.com>.
Andrew,

good question! With my Apache Brooklyn hat on, I can tell you that there is
not a real friction, it is just easier for Brooklyn to release the next
version based on jclouds 1.9.x.
In particular, Brooklyn is using an old version of sshj (0.8.1) which is
still the one used at 1.9.x, which will require some work to adapt to.

I hope this is a quite unique use-case which is not a problem for others
too!

Best,
Andrea

Posted by Andrew Gaul <ga...@apache.org>.

--
Andrew Gaul
http://gaul.org/

Re: Release Apache jclouds 1.9.3

Posted by Andrew Phillips <ap...@qrmedia.com>.
> +1 to release 1.9.3!

Same here - thanks for kicking off this thread, Andrea!

ap

Re: Release Apache jclouds 1.9.3

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
+1 to release 1.9.3!