Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam <dk...@aadhya-analytics.com> on 2016/03/25 07:09:53 UTC

Failfast error

PROBLEM 1:

when I'm trying to increase the parallelism to db insert bolt I'm getting
error as below

Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: FATAL: sorry, too many
clients already at
org.postgresql.Driver$ConnectThread.getResult(Driver.java:366) at
org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:289) at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:664) at
java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:247) at
org.postgresql.ds.common.BaseDataSource.getConnection(BaseDataSource.java:90)
at
org.postgresql.ds.common.BaseDataSource.getConnection(BaseDataSource.java:71)
at com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.addConnection(HikariPool.java:398) at
com.zaxxer.hikari.pool.HikariPool.fillPool(HikariPool.java:474)

Before I submit my topology I just checked the no of connections to my psql
db and it has only one active connection.But when submit the topology and
check the db connections it is taking 61 connections(parallelism count is 1
to every bolt)I’m don't understating why it is taking that many connections.

I had 12 bolts in which 6 bolts will be parsing the json data and other 6
bolts insert the parsed fields into different db tables.parallelism to all
bolts is set to 1.If 6 bolts are inserting then I should have only 6 active
connections to my db Right?

if I increase the parallelism to any of bolts,max connections(100) are
established when I submit the topology and when I try to connect to my db
it is showing me the error saying "too many clients".so bolt also unable to
perform insert action because no free connection is available.

please tell me where I'm going wrong.

Thanks In Advance

*Best regards,*
*K.Sai Dilip Reddy.*

Re: Failfast error

Posted by Sai Dilip Reddy Kiralam <dk...@aadhya-analytics.com>.
still waiting for help.

*Best regards,*

*K.Sai Dilip Reddy,*

*Software Engineer - Hadoop Trainee,2-39, Old SBI Road, Sri Nagar
Colony, Gannavaram - 521101.*
*www.aadhya-analytics.com <http://www.aadhya-analytics.com/>.*
*[image: Inline image 1]*