Posted to user@aries.apache.org by João Assunção <jo...@exploitsys.com> on 2017/11/26 18:49:23 UTC

Aries-RSA - Question regarding bundle start order

Hello all,

I'm testing RSA with zookeeper and fastbin (1.10.0) and I'm experiencing
some issues in regards to the discovery of the remote endpoints.
I have two karaf instances. Instance A runs zookeeper server and instance B
that connects to instance A zookeeper. Instance B publishes some remote
services.

A lot of times, when I restart instance A, no remotes services from
instance B are imported. I noticed that this happens less frequently when
fastbin uses a start level below zookeeper discovery. I also experience
situations where the remote services are imported but the endpoints command
show no endpoints.

Can anyone give me some hints regarding these issues?

Thank you.

Regards,

João Assunção

Email: joao.assuncao@exploitsys.com
Mobile: +351 916968984
Phone: +351 211933149
Web: www.exploitsys.com

Re: Aries-RSA - Question regarding bundle start order

Posted by João Assunção <jo...@exploitsys.com>.
Hello Christian,

Yes, it also happens when I use the TCP provider.
For now I will use the bundle start-level as an workaround.
I'm using the zookeeper discovery until I manage to find time to finish an
Hazelcast based discovery service. We are experiencing some issues when the
zookeeper server is restarted and the client connections get rejected due
to mismatched zxids.

Thanks

João Assunção

Email: joao.assuncao@exploitsys.com
Mobile: +351 916968984
Phone: +351 211933149
Web: www.exploitsys.com

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Can you do a quick check if the problem also happens with the tcp
transport? I think it should be independent of fastbin.

In general remote services should be independent of the start order of the
bundles. So this might be a bug in TopoligyManager or in the zookeeper
discovery.

Christian

> Hello all,
>
> I'm testing RSA with zookeeper and fastbin (1.10.0) and I'm experiencing
> some issues in regards to the discovery of the remote endpoints.
> I have two karaf instances. Instance A runs zookeeper server and instance
> B that connects to instance A zookeeper. Instance B publishes some remote
> services.
>
> A lot of times, when I restart instance A, no remotes services from
> instance B are imported. I noticed that this happens less frequently when
> fastbin uses a start level below zookeeper discovery. I also experience
> situations where the remote services are imported but the endpoints command
> show no endpoints.
>
> Can anyone give me some hints regarding these issues?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Regards,
>
> João Assunção
>
> Email: joao.assuncao@exploitsys.com
> Mobile: +351 916968984 <+351%20916%20968%20984>
> Phone: +351 211933149 <+351%2021%20193%203149>
> Web: www.exploitsys.com

Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Computer Scientist