Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2018/08/21 15:31:42 UTC

Language

Hi -

Apache projects should all have public discussion on the dev mailing list. Asynchronous, archived communications are a principle in global communication.

My communication plan is that I will try to keep my English simple and declarative. I’ve worked with Russians for about 18 years and I’ve found that helpful. It is up to you how you communicate.

Any Chinese text in emails I will put through Google translate unless someone suggests a better translation service. I may miss some discussions. If you need input from me or the other mentors please start the subject with “[MENTORS]”.

We should always assume good intent and work to eliminate any misunderstanding by careful questions.

Looking forward to the future!

Regards,
Dave

Re: Language

Posted by Luke Han <lu...@gmail.com>.
Here are my 2 cents: the team has the capability of speaking in English
very well here, but the team also need to influence the community to raise
question and answer in English, it will help a lot for people to
communicate in this way.
For people who can't write good English, our experience is we will help
them to translate and answer in English.

Thanks.

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>于2018年8月22日周三 上午8:14写道:

Re: Language

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.