Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "vishwanath ramachandran@honeywell.com" <vi...@honeywell.com> on 2009/10/07 14:26:49 UTC

synchronization

Hi there

I have created a tested repository by the XYZ and for example it can be
accessed via URL http://subversion.com/XYZ  where subversion.com is the
DNS, which has its own IP

Now I have another machine/server, where I have to synch the above
repository. The machine DNS is subversion-qa, so if I access
http://subversion-qa.com/XYZ
The contents of above should be present here.

Can I do this, please share your thoughts

I am trying this via shell script, is there any alternate way?

I saw the wan discos, subversion multisite which does this function, but
pre-requisites say both the servers should be in synch.

Regards
R.R.Vishwanath
Desk: +91 80 26588360 Extn: 44211
Cell: +91 9008318114

RE: synchronization

Posted by Bob Archer <bo...@amsi.com>.
> I have created a tested repository by the XYZ and for example it can be
> accessed via URL http://subversion.com/XYZ  where subversion.com is the
> DNS, which has its own IP
>
> Now I have another machine/server, where I have to synch the above
> repository. The machine DNS is subversion-qa, so if I access
> http://subversion-qa.com/XYZ
> The contents of above should be present here.
>
> Can I do this, please share your thoughts
>
> I am trying this via shell script, is there any alternate way?

svnsync? http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.tk.svnsync

BOb