Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2005/03/21 07:53:56 UTC

[Vote] Releasing tomorrow?

What do others think about releasing tomorrow?

In general, I think we could, *but* as we asked for feedback and got
some test reports with failures/problems, I think we should at least
address them before releasing.

So my suggestion is that we address the known problems and then either
release tomorrow or wednesday - there are not many problems so they
should be fixed quickly.

Carsten
http://www.s-und-n.de
http://www.osoco.org/weblogs/rael/

Re: [Vote] Releasing tomorrow?

Posted by Reinhard Poetz <re...@yahoo.de>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Le 21 mars 05, à 07:53, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
>
>> ...So my suggestion is that we address the known problems and then either
>> release tomorrow or wednesday - there are not many problems so they
>> should be fixed quickly...
>

> +0
> Meaning: ok to release but I won't be able to help much this week,
> probably not at all.

same here, hopefully I have at least time to move the blocks into the flat
structure (/cocoon/blocks/[name]/trunk) but can't promise it. If anybody has
time for this ... just let me know.

                                        web(log): http://www.poetz.cc

Re: [Vote] Releasing tomorrow?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 21 mars 05, à 07:53, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :
> ...So my suggestion is that we address the known problems and then
> either
> release tomorrow or wednesday - there are not many problems so they
> should be fixed quickly...

+0
Meaning: ok to release but I won't be able to help much this week,
probably not at all.

-Bertrand

Re: [Vote] Releasing tomorrow?

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>

>>What do others think about releasing tomorrow?
>>
>>In general, I think we could, *but* as we asked for feedback and got
>>some test reports with failures/problems, I think we should at least
>>address them before releasing.
>>
>>So my suggestion is that we address the known problems and then either
>>release tomorrow or wednesday - there are not many problems so they
>>should be fixed quickly.
>>

>The following bugs are still open:
>
>#34077,

Wow, lots and lots of things there. The real bugs (NPE and "The
undefined value has no properties.") are fixed, and AFAICS what's left
do to is mostly the cosmetic changes provided by Helma. No time for this
ATM, and I don't think this should block the release.

>#34087,

Not blocking IMO, as its merely a documentation issue.

>#34084,

Lots of broken samples...
I fixed http://localhost:8888/samples/blocks/forms/form2simpleXML.flow

Many of the reported problems are related to external URLs used to build
the samples that either have changed or are no longer available.

>#33762

Is is specific to the Tomcat 5.5.7+JDK 1.5 combo?

>Currently I can't help in fixing them - is anyone working or planning to
>work on them?

Not much time ATM and I don't consider them real blockers.

Sylvain

Re: [Vote] Releasing tomorrow?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Le 22 mars 05, à 13:51, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...The following bugs are still open:
>
> #34077, #34087, #34084, #33762
>
> Currently I can't help in fixing them - is anyone working or planning
> work on them?

I cannot help either ATM, but I don't think any of these are serious
enough to delay the release. Several of these issues were most probably
already present in 2.1.6.

-Bertrand

Re: [Vote] Releasing tomorrow?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.