Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> on 2005/09/11 05:00:42 UTC

Re: svn commit: r279993 - /maven/components/trunk/maven-core-it-plugin/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/plugin/coreit/CoreItMojoWithSetters.java

On Sun, 2005-09-11 at 12:52 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:

> So does this mean that it works without the property parameter?

Only if the field name matches the name of the getter/setter methods. If
the property name is not specified then the setter will fail and the
private field will be used directly.

> If
> that's the case, then I'm fine with it and we can just use the default
> case with property as the field name. property can remain as an advanced
> use case. I still wonder how this could be made to be useful - attach
> the metadata to the getter instead perhaps (like in beanshell)?

That would probably make more sense, I just left it with the field for
the moment to get it to work.

> - Brett

jvz.

Jason van Zyl