Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by Debra <de...@netvision.net.il> on 2007/07/26 08:30:09 UTC

Return only one result per results group Return

Is there a way to receive only one result for each group of search results
depending on a specified group field.

Example:
Searching a list of  articles with author as the group field would return
articles that match the query but will return only one article per author
even if the author has more then one article matching the query.

Thank you

Re: Return only one result per results group Return

Posted by Debra <de...@netvision.net.il>.
I'm not sure what you are refering to as code to operate with group. In the
example I gave a group is a group of articles from the same author.
Thank you,

Does lucene have a built in option to return only one document from the same
group of documents even if there are more documents matching the search
within that group.

It will save me  the need to write code to filter out the results returned.