Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2014/07/05 06:45:47 UTC

How to change primary storage

Hello All,

 I installed CS 4.1 on ubuntu, with primary storage in /export/aa and secondary storage in /export/bb, both in the same hard disk as the management server of CS 4.1. The Ip of the server is  http://XXX.XXX.1.5.

 Recently, I configured the My Book Live Device, to the IP of http://XXX.XXX.1.20. I am able to mount this device to linux dir and view files on it.

 The CS 4.1 was installed before mounting this external My Book Live Device.

Now I want to change the primary storage of the IP address from http://XXX.XXX.1.5 to http://XXX.XXX.1.20. Also, I need to change the primary storage directory.

 Can, anybody provide insights, on which Mysql table, should I update for CS 4.1 setup. Or is there a procedure, to change the primary storage settings via the CS 4.1 web interface gui?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
D.Giriprasad

RE: How to change primary storage

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
You have to change storage details in both storage_pool and image_store for primary and secondary storages respectively.

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.

________________________________

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Punith S <pu...@cloudbyte.com>.
hi,

can you try updating the ip address(host_address) of your primary storage
in storage_pool table and check the logs for the storage status whether
things are working fine.

thanks.

--
regards,

punith s
cloudbyte.com

Re: How to change primary storage

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi All,

Thanks everybody for all your valuable insights. I am working on this as of now and I will keep you all posted, once I am thru with this.

Regards,

________________________________
Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi All,

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks for your comment. Will try it, and will inform the status.

________________________________
Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi Giri,

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Sanjeev Neelarapu <sa...@citrix.com>.
Hi Giri,

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Punith S <pu...@cloudbyte.com>.
hi,

--
regards,

punith s
cloudbyte.com

Re: How to change primary storage

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--
*Mike Tutkowski*

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks.

I want to change the primary storage IP address from http://XXX.XXX.1.5 to http://XXX.XXX.1.20. Also, I need to change the primary storage directory, from /export/aa to /export/dd.  What is the procedure?

Posted by Giri Prasad <g_...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

--