Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2018/10/01 19:04:24 UTC

Bugzilla permanent CC addresses

Re: Bugzilla permanent CC addresses

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> Mark,
>
> On 10/1/18 15:10, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 01/10/18 20:04, Christopher Schultz wrote:
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know why these two email addresses are CC'd every
>>> time a BZ message is sent?
>>>
>>> kakvicky@yahoo.co.in usmanov@ieml.ru
>
>> Because those two users have configured their accounts to be CC'd
>> on every Tomcat issue.
>
>> I haven't see anything that suggests mail to those addresses is
>> bouncing. Have you?
>
> No errors. Just curious why they were being CC'd. Can any random
> person on the Internet register for that,

Yes, as long as they have an ASF Bugzilla account. You can opt to follow
any other BZ user and get copies of all the bug mail they get.

> or are those
> administratively-added to the Bugzilla instance/products/components?
>
> I can't imagine why anyone would want to get an email about everything
> in ASF Bugzilla. Just seems fishy.

Activity for kakvicky@yahoo.co.in covers a handful of bugs and dates
from 2005 to 2010 and at some point opted to follow the dev list BZ
user. I've often wondered about this but since we don't see any error
messages I never looked further.

Hmm. I took a look at the mail server logs. Those e-mails are bouncing.
I'll disable that account.

usmanov@ieml.ru was created a couple of weeks ago. Looks like they opted
to get mails for the bugs they created.

Mark