Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cu...@wr.miee.ru> on 2002/10/20 16:06:36 UTC

What module I have to choose?

Hello!
I've wrote my module that uses Apache::Forward example from "Writing
Apache modules with Perl and C". Module generates site navigation bar
and insert it in content that was returned by simple CGI scripts.
I've used Apache::PerlRun in stacked handlers to run CGI scripts, like

PerlHandler MyModule Apache::PerlRun

Ok, now it's all working fine.
But Apache::Forward it's just an exaple from book, and I've tried to
search it CPAN. There is no this module. I've found at least two other
Apache::OutputChain and Apache::Filter.
I'll be glad to listen any suggestions about what module to use.
What different between them?

Beforehead thanks.

Re: What module I have to choose?

Posted by "Ruslan U. Zakirov" <cu...@wr.miee.ru>.
GH> Congratulations!
Thank you.
GH> Install them, then try the commands
GH>  perldoc Apache::OutputChain
GH> and
GH>  perldoc Apache::Filter
GH> which will tell you about them.  You can look at the source code too.
Have done.
Each documents talking only about there own modules.
But I'm interesting in comparison of modules. May be someone have done
this and have any ideas why one module must be used instead of
another?
I'm interesting in it, because I want to port my module from using
Apache::Forward to another and now I must decide wich one.
                        mailto:cubic@wr.miee.ru

Re: What module I have to choose?

Posted by Ged Haywood <ge...@www2.jubileegroup.co.uk>.
Hello!

On Sun, 20 Oct 2002, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:

> I've wrote my module that uses Apache::Forward example
> [snip]
> Ok, now it's all working fine.

Congratulations!

> [snip]
> Apache::OutputChain and Apache::Filter.
> [snip]
> What different between them?

Install them, then try the commands

 perldoc Apache::OutputChain

and

 perldoc Apache::Filter

which will tell you about them.  You can look at the source code too.

I do not understand the rest of your message.  Can you try to explain
more clearly?