Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by John Lonergan <jo...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/09 20:03:15 UTC

Working DR patterns for Kafka

There are various prior questions including..
http://search-hadoop.com/m/4TaT4ts2oz1/disaster+recovery/v=threaded

Is there a clear document on disaster recovery patterns for K and their
respective trade offs.
How are actual prod deployments dealing with this.
For instance I want my topics replicated to another site/cluster and I want
the offsets in the topic to match so that a consuming client can fail over.
Doors anyone have something like this working really reliably in prod?
I can tolerate the reliant being second behind the primary but not
differing offsets.
What are others managing to achieve with K?

Re: Working DR patterns for Kafka

Posted by John <jl...@gmail.com>.
There was a typo in the question - should have been ...

I can tolerate the [replicant] ....