Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Chris Newland <cn...@nortelnetworks.com> on 2000/05/31 11:39:13 UTC

Basic performance question

Hi,

Sorry if this is an FAQ but I haven't seen it in any of the docs yet.

On a site with multiple XML pages, is it better to store the templates in a
single large XSL sheet, or would it be better to have many smaller XSL
sheets that are more specific to each XML page.

I imagine that a single large XSL would take longer to parse each time to
find the correct template, but with multiple XSL sheets, there might be more
overhead in loading each one (although I expect they would be cached by
Cocoon?).

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Regards,

Chris