Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by marco <m....@pisa.iol.it> on 2000/10/18 12:34:50 UTC

XSP FRAGMENT

My bound is a XSP problem to the WML. I have a Xml file with a Tag
"GENERALE" which a very long text contains:  I must  show such text in a

Wml page and then I must take it and fragment it. XSP intervenes here:
how I can to take of the text in a Xml page with the tag "Xsl : Value-Of

Select=" ./GENERALE" " and associate it to a String so that I can then
elaborate it?
I would like to do a thing of the kind:
<xsp:logic>
String Body = <xsl:value-of select="./GENERALE"/>
</xsp:logic>
Please help me
Marco
m.spinetti@pisa.iol.it

Re: XSP FRAGMENT

Posted by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@denic.de>.
marco wrote:

> My bound is a XSP problem to the WML. I have a Xml file with a Tag
> "GENERALE" which a very long text contains:  I must  show such text in a
>
> Wml page and then I must take it and fragment it. XSP intervenes here:
> how I can to take of the text in a Xml page with the tag "Xsl : Value-Of
>
> Select=" ./GENERALE" " and associate it to a String so that I can then
> elaborate it?
> I would like to do a thing of the kind:
> <xsp:logic>
> String Body = <xsl:value-of select="./GENERALE"/>
> </xsp:logic>

This is what I usually do:

<xsl:variable name="body">"<xsl:value-of
select="GENERALE"/>"</xsl:variable>

<xsp:logic>
	String Body = String.valueOf(<xsl:copy-of select="$body"/>)
</xsp:logic>

Ulrich

--
Ulrich Mayring