Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by surfer10 <ma...@mail.ru> on 2009/01/20 07:24:45 UTC

how can solr search angainst group of field

Good days gentlemen.

in my search engine i have 4 groups of text:
1) user address
2) user description
3) ...
4) ...

I want to give users ability to search all of them with ability to
conjunction selection for searching some of them. conjunction means that
user should be able to search 1) and 2) fields, 1 AND 3 fields and so on.

I'm realizing how i can give them ability to search everywhere - it can be
archieved by copyFields parameter but how can user search for bunch of terms
in different groups?

now i'm using such syntax

+(default_field:WORD default_field:WORD2 default_field:WORD3)

if i want to give them oportunity to search by 2 of 4 fields, i should
repeat a construction?
i.e.

(field1:WORD field1:WORD2 field1:WORD3) (field2:WORD field2:WORD2
field2:WORD3) ?

is there any ability to specify field1,field2:TERM ?

Re: how can solr search angainst group of field

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think you could use dismax and restric de result with a filter query.
Suposing you're using dismaxquery parser it should look like:
http://localhost:8080/solr/select?q=whatever&fq=category:3
I think this would sort your case

Posted by Marc Sturlese <ma...@gmail.com>.
Chech the DismaxRequestHandler, maybe it helps.
It allows you to choose more that one field where to search:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DisMaxRequestHandler#head-af452050ee272a1c88e2ff89dc0012049e69e180