Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hendrik Haddorp <he...@gmx.net> on 2018/01/27 18:59:00 UTC

HDFS replication factor

Hi,

when I configure my HDFS setup to use a specific replication factor,
like 1, this only effects the index files that Solr writes. The
write.lock files and backups are being created with a different
replication factor. The reason for this should be that HdfsFileWriter is
(fileSystem.getServerDefaults(path)) while HdfsLockFactory and
HdfsBackupRepository are simply using defaults, which seems to end up
using a replication factor of 3 (and a block size of 128MB). Is this
known? If not shall I open a JIRA for this?

regards,
Hendrik