Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Ranjan Kumar <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/11 13:49:51 UTC

Need Help

Dear Experts,

I am following YDN Hadoop tutorial and now i am stuck in step "CONFIGURING
THE MAPREDUCE PLUGIN".

Issue:

1. I can't see any setting called "hadoop-job.ugi" in advance tab.
2. Settings in advance tab is using hadoop-Aaditya (Aaditya is my machine
name). Do i have to change all references of "hadoop-Aaditya" to
"hadoop-hadoop-user"?

Please refer attachment for eclipse configuration.

if i change the reference from "hadoop-Aaditya" to "hadoop-hadoop-user",
there are some directory missing in my VM

example :
Setting "dfs.client.buffer.dir" is using "/tmp/hadoop-Aaditya/dfs/tmp" but
my VM is having only directories dfs and mapred in  "/tmp/hadoop-hadoop-user

Waiting for advise.

Regards,
Ranjan

Re: Need Help

Posted by Ranjan Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tariq,

Thanks for your reply.

I can't find below files in *lib *directory.

    commons-configuration-1.6.jar
    commons-lang-2.4.jar
    jackson-core-asl-1.0.1.jar
    jackson-mapper-asl-1.0.1.jar

Regards,
Ranjan

Re: Need Help

Posted by "Shanti Subramanyam (gmail)" <sh...@gmail.com>.
Here is a more recent tutorial on setting up Hadoop:
http://orzota.com/blog/single-node-hadoop-setup-2/

And here is one on configuring Eclipse for hadoop development:
http://orzota.com/blog/eclipse-setup-for-hadoop-development/

Shanti

Re: Need Help

Posted by Ranjan Kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.