Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Peru Radakichenan <pr...@ponvia.com> on 2011/09/14 00:15:28 UTC

SCXML - VXML integration

I have limited to no knowledge in Java (I have a team member who installed the SCXML engine for me), My java developer has not worked on VXM before. I mostly work on VXML, lately after reading though SCXML, I am very much interested in knowing if I can use SCXML for developing my voice applications. I really like the way the state machine traverses through the flow.
Below are my questions
1. My voice application invokes an SCXML file. SCXML application enters the initial state and in that state there is an invoke tag to invoke my VXML application. On completion of VXML application, SCXML should continue traversing through the state machine to go into the next state. Please let me know if it is doable. I have enclosed my sample SCXML application and the corresponding VXML pages as reference.
2. If it is doable, please explain how it is done. Please send me some java samples. I will pass on that to my Java developer.
Thanks a ton.

Thanks and Regards,
Peru
Cell: 310-251-8589

Re: SCXML - VXML integration

Posted by jocke eriksson <jo...@albatross.com>.
This is doable. But you should fire a dialog.exit event when the vxml
script has  been executed. This way the state machine will know when
to proceed.

Regards jocke.

see also
http://www.w3.org/TR/ccxml/

2011/9/14 Peru Radakichenan <pr...@ponvia.com>:
> I have limited to no knowledge in Java (I have a team member who installed
> the SCXML engine for me), My java developer has not worked on VXM before. I
> mostly work on VXML, lately after reading though SCXML, I am very much
> interested in knowing if I can use SCXML for developing my voice
> applications. I really like the way the state machine traverses through the
> flow.
>
> Below are my questions
>
> 1. My voice application invokes an SCXML file. SCXML application enters the
> initial state and in that state there is an invoke tag to invoke my VXML
> application. On completion of VXML application, SCXML should continue
> traversing through the state machine to go into the next state. Please let
> me know if it is doable. I have enclosed my sample SCXML application and the
> corresponding VXML pages as reference.
>
> 2. If it is doable, please explain how it is done. Please send me some java
> samples. I will pass on that to my Java developer.
>
> Thanks a ton.
>

> Thanks and Regards,
>
> Peru
>
> Cell: 310-251-8589

Joakim Eriksson

Albatross
Holländargatan 20, 111 60 Stockholm Sweden
+46 8 51160773 | Mobile +46 708 507 480
joakim.eriksson@albatross.com | www.albatross.com