Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vivek Khera <vi...@khera.org> on 2005/06/03 22:12:39 UTC

Re: Recommendation on SARE rules to add.

On Apr 13, 2005, at 8:16 PM, Robert Menschel wrote:

> And since I haven't seen any specific rule set files, I'll offer my
> suggestions there:

Thanks for your list you posted a while back... it has been very
helpful configuring my set of custom rules.

Question: what is your opinion on the SARE_fraud and SARE_obfu rule
sets?

Also, the SARE_uri0 set checks for alpha-digit-alpha domain names.
This will hit many messages sent via one of our services,
MailerMailer.  All links in those messages are clicked thru the
"m1e.net" domain.  If, for example, you request avalanche notices in
the winter for the pacific northwest, you will get messages from us.
Ditto if you're an auto mechanic taking exams from the ASE (which is
just about every mechanic out there).   I think it has just been luck
that no corpus has such messages so far :-)

Vivek Khera, Ph.D.
+1-301-869-4449 x806