Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org> on 2014/04/07 13:06:28 UTC

Re: hbase replication for higher availability

Hey,

Indeed it is a viable approach. Some of the HBase deployments use the
master-master replication model across DCs. The consistency semantics will
obvious depend on the application use case.

However, there is no out-of-the-box client to do across-DC requests. But
wrapping the HBase client in a higher level should give you the
possibility.

On the other hand, we are adding high available reads within the DC in the
issue HBASE-10070. You can track the development there.

Cheers,
Enis