Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/15 08:39:09 UTC

Row Key Ordering of salting table need modify hbase-site.xml in region server?

This Rowkey order scan can be turned on by setting the
phoenix.query.rowKeyOrderSaltedTable config property to true in your
hbase-sites.xml. When set, we disallow user specified split points on
salted table to ensure that each bucket will only contains entries
with the same salt byte. When this property is turned on, the salted
table would behave just like a normal table and would return items in
rowkey order for scans.

I don't providing split points on creating table, should I still
modify hbase-site.xml in all region servers(I should ask admin for
help to modify and restart hbase)?

Re: Row Key Ordering of salting table need modify hbase-site.xml in region server?

Posted by James Taylor <ja...@apache.org>.
No, setting the hbase.regionserver.wal.codec config param won't have an
impact on other non Phoenix users of your cluster, and yes, you need to
restart your cluster after making this config change.

No need for you to do anything regarding the
phoenix.query.rowKeyOrderSaltedTable
config parameter. If you set the SALT_BUCKETS property at CREATE TABLE time
to salt your table, it will be pre-split automatically for you.

BTW, best to continue using our github mailing list until we've switched
completely over to Apache (hopefully early next week - we're waiting on a
couple of things).

Thanks,
James

Posted by Li Li <fa...@gmail.com>.