Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by robin <ro...@totalise.co.uk> on 2000/07/11 15:53:15 UTC

Session tracking by URL rewriting

Hi,

This is probably a boring question which comes up time and again, but
the jakarta faq-o-matic is down so I can't tell :-(.

I'm having trouble using URL rewriting for session tracking within
Tomcat 3.1.  When I call HttpServletResponse.encodeURL() on my URL's,
they come back unchanged.

I'm definitely calling  HttpSession httpSession = req.getSession( true
); before I do encodeURL.

I'm testing using Netscape with Cookies turned off.  Currently for
debugging purposes, I'm doing

 String encoded = res.encodeURL( url );
 System.out.println("URL Encoding before "+url+" after "+encoded );

And the two strings are identical.

Can anyone suggest what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks.

Regards,

-Robin Barooah