Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/06 05:05:55 UTC

Re: [Axis2] new OSGi maven module

Joel,

I can easily take the stuff from muse (say muse\modules\muse-osgi-soa-core\src\org\apache\muse\osgi\soa\core\). I may
end up re-writing the impl say under Eclipse Corona's
org.eclipse.corona.soa.provider.axis2\src\org\eclipse\corona\internal\soa\provider\axis2\ since that code is under EPL
and has compuware's copyright on it.

Technically does that sound about right to get a SOAPProvider working?

thanks,
dims

Hawkins, Joel wrote:
| Dims,
|
| Sure, you can pull down the Axis2 provider from the CVS repository at
| dev.eclipse.org/cvsroot/technology. The project you'll want is
| org.eclipse.corona - all the bundles are under plugins. The
| org.apache.axis2 bundle is (obviously ;-)) the best place to start. I'm
| sure there's plenty more that can be done - this was just enough to get
| corona working with apache muse under osgi, so there are some definite
| opportunities for build out.
|
| I'll get some of the locals around here to help scope out requirements,
| and then let the cranking begin!
|
| Cheers,
| Joel

| |
| | I did this once as part of the eclipse Corona project, and I've been
| | kicking around updating this to get the latest release. One of my
| | requirements was to supply a "SoapProvider" service (analogous to the
| | OSGi spec's HttpService), of which Axis2 was the preferred
| | instantiation. Does this bundle address that sort of requirement?
| |
| | There are a number of other eclipse osgi server-oriented projects that
| | I'm sure would be interested in consuming this work (This one, for
| | instance - http://www.eclipse.org/swordfish/). Are any of you guys
| going
| | to be at EclipseCon next month?
| |
| | Cheers,
| | Joel
| |
| |
| | The contents of this e-mail are intended for the named addressee only.
| It contains information that may be
| confidential. Unless you are the named addressee or an authorized
| designee, you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
| to anyone else. If you received it in error please notify us immediately
| and then destroy it.
| |
| |
| | Sounds great. Do you intend to make an Axis2 bundle available from the
| | Axis2 project? I did some prototyping with this back in Oct and got
| | Axis2
| | running in an Equinox container but didn't get far enough to commit
| back
| |
| | to Axis2. Feel free to get in touch and I'll share what I've got.
| |
| | I'm very interested in creating bundles from the Web services
| projects.
| | I've created a proposal [1] for Woden and will look into creating a
| | Woden
| | bundle after the Woden validator is complete. Woden depends on
| XmlSchema
| |
| | and Axiom so long term I think bundles should be created for those
| | projects as well.
| |
| | [1] http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Woden/WodenOSGi
| |
| | Lawrence
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>
| | 02/15/2008 09:46 AM
| | Please respond to
| | axis-dev@ws.apache.org
| |
| |
| | axis-dev@ws.apache.org
| | cc
| |
| | Subject
| | [Axis2] new OSGi maven module
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| |
| | Hi Team,
| |
| | I am looking at getting AxisServlet working inside Equinox and Felix
| | OSGi
| | containers. Will write up a HOWTO as soon as i
| | get something working properly. To start with i am constructing one
| huge
| |
| | OSGi bundle with all the dependency jars.
| | Eventually we should break it down so that individual pieces can be
| | used.
| |
| | Here's an excellent resource to give you an idea on what's possible
| with
| |
| | OSGi:
| | http://neilbartlett.name/blog/osgi-articles/