Posted to sysadmins@spamassassin.apache.org by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org> on 2017/05/13 18:15:42 UTC

Rsync config on sa-vm1.apache.org

Kevin,
I am nearly complete setting up the rsyncd again.  I have firewalled off
port 873 to a single test IP of my masscheck server at ENA.  My
automasscheck-minimal.sh is working properly now and able to upload
result logs like normal.

My question to you is where can we get a current mirror copy of the
[updates] rsync module to put back on the source of

sa-vm1:/var/www/buildbot.spamassassin.org/updates

which will also be http://updates.spamassassin.org once populated,
verified ready, and DNS is updated to point to the new VM.

It looks like you have a mirror at http://sa-update.pccc.com that we
could transfer back to the source directory.

--
Dave

Re: Rsync config on sa-vm1.apache.org

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.

On 05/13/2017 02:00 PM, Dave Jones wrote:

> On 05/13/2017 01:21 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
>>

>> On 05/13/2017 01:15 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
>>> Kevin,
>>> I am nearly complete setting up the rsyncd again.  I have firewalled
>>> off port 873 to a single test IP of my masscheck server at ENA.  My
>>> automasscheck-minimal.sh is working properly now and able to upload
>>> result logs like normal.
>>>
>>> My question to you is where can we get a current mirror copy of the
>>> [updates] rsync module to put back on the source of
>>>
>>> sa-vm1:/var/www/buildbot.spamassassin.org/updates
>>>
>>> which will also be http://updates.spamassassin.org once populated,
>>> verified ready, and DNS is updated to point to the new VM.
>>
>> Correction.  updates.spamassassin.org is not in DNS so that reference
>> in the /etc/rsyncd.conf to being updates.spamassassin.org is not
>> accurate.
>>
>> Is this [updates] rsync module supposed to be available via HTTP?  If
>> so, then maybe it is really updatedist.spamassassin.org that I see in
>> DNS.
>>

> Nevermind.  I found my answer.  The Apache HTTPD config boiled down to
> this for the updates area:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>    ServerName updatedist.spamassassin.org
>    ServerAlias bbmass.spamassassin.org
>    ServerAlias buildbot.spamassassin.org
>    ServerAlias bbmass-trunk.spamassassin.org
>    <Directory /var/www/updatedist.spamassassin.org/updates>
>      options indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
>      AllowOverride indexes
>    </Directory>
>    DocumentRoot /var/www/updatedist.spamassassin.org/updates
>    ServerAdmin webmaster@spamassassin.org
>    # userdir disabled
> </VirtualHost>

Sorry, for the updates but I found a discrepancy in the updatedist path
so I have this back in two different virtualhosts again like it was
before.  I thought they could have been combined like above but nope.

Posted by "Kevin A. McGrail" <ke...@mcgrail.com>.
On 5/13/2017 4:47 PM, Dave Jones wrote:
> It's working now.  Seeing a lot of clients syncing now in rsyncd.log.
>
> BTW, I have setup a redundant mirror of sa-update.ena.com to add to
> the MIRRORED.BY.  I have to get some firewall ACL help on Monday to
> allow port 80 to the servers.  After that, you can check them out and
> add them to the list.

Excellent.  It will be good to have more mirrors!

I created a MIRROR.CHECK file on the master rsync and confirmed it's
being updated.

Saw your other email and I am writing a lot of detail onto that.

NOTE: I deleted the tar file I uploaded that was in /var/www to save space.

Regards,

KAM

Re: Rsync config on sa-vm1.apache.org

Posted by Dave Jones <da...@apache.org>.