Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net> on 2008/07/15 23:58:46 UTC

Lucene.Net 2.3.1 build 001 "beta" is now released under SVN

Hi Folks,

If you are subscribed to Lucene.Net SVN's mailing list, you should see "svn
commit" emails.  What this means is that I just checked-in new batch of code
ports and fixes.  This code port includes porting the "Test" code from Java
to C#.

Many thanks to Doug Sale for his clean-up work to the Test code (after my
initial port) that he did.  This is not an easy task, or a pleasant one to
take on.

Moving forward, now that we have the Test code ported too, please grab the
latest code from SVN and start running the NUnit test.  You will find some
tests are still failing, so we need to debug those.  To make sure only one
person is working on a particular test failure, I suggest the following
process be taken:

1) Grab the latest code from SVN.
2) Run NUnit to get a list of tests failure.
3) Email lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org with the test name you decided
to work on.
4) Once you have a fix, submit a JIRA with a patch for the fix.
5) If you fix ended up fixing more then one test case, indicate this in JIRA
_AND_ lucene-net-dev@incubator.apache.org -- this is important so others
don't work on an already fixed test, which your fix has addressed.

This is it!  Once we have a 100% NUnit pass rate, we can move to "release
candidate" and look into any other open issues to include before labeling it
as final.

If you have any questions, let the list know.

Regards,

-- George

Open JIRA issues against 2.3.1

Posted by George Aroush <ge...@aroush.net>.
Hi DIGY,

Some of the JIRA issues that you submitted against 2.3.1, can you start by
checking if those are still open issues or not?  If they aren't issues any
more, can you close the JIRA issue?

Thanks.

-- George