Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Vidar Tyldum Hansen <vi...@tyldum.com> on 2004/11/03 12:02:41 UTC

Problem with SQL-based AWL

I am invoking SA through amavisd-new (thoug the problem is sill there
standalone), and have configured SA to use
SQL-based bayes. Trying to get AWL working with SQL proves to be a bit
of a problem:

debug: lock: 11090 created
/var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.mutex
debug: lock: 11090 trying to get lock on
/var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist with 30 timeout
debug: lock: 11090 link to
/var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist.mutex: link ok
debug: Tie-ing to DB file R/W in
/var/spool/amavis/.spamassassin/auto-whitelist
debug: open of AWL file failed: Can't locate object method "TIEHASH"
via package "Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList" at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.3/Mail/SpamAssassin/DBBasedAddrList.pm
line 76.

Both Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList and
Mail::SpamAssassin::DBBasedAddrList are installed and up-to-date
according to CPAN. I even did a force install on them to be sure.

I am not too familiar with Perl, but it looks more like a perl issue
than misconfiguration. Am I missing a module?

--- SA config ---
auto_whitelist_db_modules Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList
user_awl_dsn DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
user_awl_sql_username spamassassin
user_awl_sql_password ******
user_awl_sql_table awl
use_auto_whitelist 1
--- End SA config ---

--
Cheers
Vidar Tyldum Hansen

Re: Problem with SQL-based AWL

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 03:22:29PM +0100, Vidar Tyldum Hansen wrote:

> Since I installed using CPAN and didn't posess the source tree I
> relied on http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/, which for
> some reason isn't complete.

The answer to this, BTW, is that the web server ignores several files by
default:

IndexIgnore .??* *~ *# HEADER* README* RCS CVS *,v *,t

Judging by the web server configuration, it would be very non-trivial to
remove "README*" from the list.

On the flip side, you can still request those files if you know the name,
they just don't appear in the directory listing.  ie:

http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/sql/README.awl

works fine.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Well, you'll be happy to know I don't work very hard.  Actually, I'm

 		-- Homer Simpson
 		   The Simpsons 138th Episode Spectacular

Re: Problem with SQL-based AWL

Posted by Vidar Tyldum Hansen <vi...@tyldum.com>.
Michael Parker, 03.11.2004 15:01:
> On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:02:41PM +0100, Vidar Tyldum Hansen wrote:
>
>>--- SA config ---
>>auto_whitelist_db_modules Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList
>>user_awl_dsn DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
>>user_awl_sql_username spamassassin
>>user_awl_sql_password ******
>>user_awl_sql_table awl
>>use_auto_whitelist 1
>>--- End SA config ---

> turning on AWL SQL.

Thank you.

In my humble defence ;):

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 12:02:41PM +0100, Vidar Tyldum Hansen wrote:

> --- SA config ---
> auto_whitelist_db_modules Mail::SpamAssassin::SQLBasedAddrList
> user_awl_dsn DBI:mysql:spamassassin:localhost
> user_awl_sql_username spamassassin
> user_awl_sql_password ******
> user_awl_sql_table awl
> use_auto_whitelist 1