Posted to user@struts.apache.org by sqdf qsdf <po...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/10/28 11:22:02 UTC

Bug in Struts on backup actionForm?

Hi all!

When I add an ActionError in the validate method's
ActionForm, I don't have any problem, my form is
backup and when I come back to my JSP, I can see all
form's datas.

But when I add an ActionError in the execute method's
Action, and call saveError(), I loose all form's datas
when I come back to my JSP.

I tested the option redirect="false" but I don't know
why, the ActionForm is always reset at the end of the
execute method.

My Struts Config is like this :

<form-bean name="ContactForm"
type="com.xxxxx.gui.wif.directory.ContactForm"/>

<action path="/action/directory/createContact"

type="com.xxxxx.gui.wif.directory.CreateContactAction"
	scope="request"
	input="contactCreate"
	name="ContactForm"
	redirect="false">
	<forward name="success"
path="contactCreate"/>
</action>

My ContactForm extends ValidatorForm and I use the
tiles to define the path contactCreate.

When I place this in my reset method :
        System.out.println("RESET");
I can see in my logs :

RESET (before the execute method)
RESET (after the execute method)

The only one solution I founded that I save the form
in request in my Action when I create the actionError
:

if (form != null && mapping.getName() != null) {
 request.setAttribute(mapping.getName(), form);
}

Every help is welcome!
Thanks!

Nicolas