Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Mladen Mihajlovic [H]" <ml...@hixnet.co.za> on 2004/05/14 08:40:17 UTC

Repository setup question

Hello everyone

I've been using subversion for a little while now and it's great - but
I'm stuck on one thing about setting up repositories.

What if I have 2 projects: 1: some components/controls that are being
developed as generic components, 2: some tool that uses these components.

eg: Components: grid.php (a php generic grid)
      Tool: file list system that uses the grid to display the files.

How would I set up the repositories so that the COMPONENT is in it's own
repository and is being updated separately while the TOOL is also being
developed separately but is using the COMPONENT. The following layout is
what I had in mind:

-- component
    -- trunk
    -- branches
    -- tags

-- tool
     -- trunk
           -- component
     -- branches
     -- tags

but how do I make the tool/trunk/component directory look to the
component repository? Or is there some better way?

Thanks,
Mladen

Re: Repository setup question

Posted by "Mladen Mihajlovic [H]" <ml...@hixnet.co.za>.
It seems to be what I'm looking for, thanks, but I'm not sure about one
thing: Does the external directory get versioned with the main repo? In
other words if I wanted to get version 15 of TOOL, would that also get
version 6 of  COMPONENT which was the current release at the time of
TOOL 15?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.