Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by aslam bari <ia...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/08/17 10:31:37 UTC

What's the difference between "Like" and "propcontains"

dear all,
  I am searching within in properties indexes. There are two keywords "like"and "propcontains". The "Like" keyword always gives the result for any property including those which are not indexed. but propcontains gives result for those which are indexed. Am I right?.

  I have got a situation where i want to search for any property. If the property is indexed then it should use "propcontains"(for faster result) , otherwise it should use "like". I am using the below syntax, is it rihgt or does it degrade the performance, plz give me guideness on it.

  "<D:where>" +
  "<D:or>"+
  "<S:propcontains><D:prop><D:author/></D:prop><D:literal>root*</D:literal></S:propcontains>" +
  "<D:like><D:prop><D:author/></D:prop><D:literal>root%</D:literal></D:like>" +

  "</D:where>" +

  I want that if first ("propcontain") gives the result than second line ("like") should not execute.

  Thankss..