Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Paul Spencer <pa...@mindspring.com> on 2003/02/20 20:08:42 UTC

Group "maven" required for jar:deploy-snapshot

The goal "jar:deploy-snapshot" requires the group "maven" exist on the
server where the jar is being copied.

1) The group name should be configurable.

2) The group name should be optional.  In the case when then group name
is not defined, the "chmod" and "chgrp" commands should not be issued.
Thus, using the directory defaults.

Paul Spencer

Re: Group "maven" required for jar:deploy-snapshot

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 15:27, Paul Spencer wrote:
> The ability to deploy snapshots is a feature iI will use.  Currently I
> have created a "maven" group on the server so the deploy will succeed.

Yes, people will deploy snapshots. I am saying that goal is what we use
internally. Use the <deploy:artifact/> tag and do whatever you want.

> Paul Spencer
>
> Jason van Zyl wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 14:08, Paul Spencer wrote:
> >
> >>The goal "jar:deploy-snapshot" requires the group "maven" exist on the
> >>server where the jar is being copied.
> >>
> >>1) The group name should be configurable.
> >>

> > It's not for general use, it's for us to deploy to ibiblio.
> >

> >>2) The group name should be optional.  In the case when then group name
> >>is not defined, the "chmod" and "chgrp" commands should not be issued.
> >>Thus, using the directory defaults.
> >>
> >>Paul Spencer

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

Re: Group "maven" required for jar:deploy-snapshot

Posted by Paul Spencer <pa...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@zenplex.com>.
On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 14:08, Paul Spencer wrote:
> The goal "jar:deploy-snapshot" requires the group "maven" exist on the
> server where the jar is being copied.
>
> 1) The group name should be configurable.

It's not for general use, it's for us to deploy to ibiblio.

> 2) The group name should be optional.  In the case when then group name
> is not defined, the "chmod" and "chgrp" commands should not be issued.
> Thus, using the directory defaults.
>
> Paul Spencer

jvz.

Jason van Zyl