Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lachlan Holmes <La...@4Loop.com.au> on 2001/12/12 09:20:48 UTC

alternate parameter values with html:submit

I am trying to figure out how to send a parameter name and value in a <html:submit /> tag that is in the middle of a form (with a different submit at the end).

The basic idea behind it is:

<form>
    <hidden name="action" value="something">
    <input text>
    <input text>
    <input checkbox>
    <input select><submit action="somethingelse">
    <submit><cancel>
</form>

So I have a submit at the end that wants all the values in the form, and a submit in the middle that only needs the values of the <input select>.

Cheers,
Lachlan

Re: alternate parameter values with html:submit

Posted by Krishnamoorthy <ck...@india.hp.com>.
 i think you will able to get this values if you have written the form class i.e; the set and get method for each of those variable i.e; for
text1,text2,checkbox,select.
eg:
  Inside your form class
you should have
setText1(String x){
}

String getText1(){
}

I think this will helps you,
Kicha
P.S :If my above answers are wrong then I think I have't understood the problem.

Lachlan Holmes wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to send a parameter name and value in a <html:submit /> tag that is in the middle of a form (with a different submit at the end).
>
> The basic idea behind it is:
>
> <form>
>     <hidden name="action" value="something">
>     <input text>
>     <input text>
>     <input checkbox>
>     <input select><submit action="somethingelse">
>     <submit><cancel>
> </form>
>
> So I have a submit at the end that wants all the values in the form, and a submit in the middle that only needs the values of the <input select>.
>
> Cheers,
> Lachlan

-  i  n  v  e  n  t  -
https://ecardfile.com/id/kicha