Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2001/02/01 15:15:20 UTC

apr_lstat inconsistency

Question,

The check_symlinks() fn of http_request carries the following warning:

    /*
     * Strip trailing '/', if any, off what we're checking; trailing slashes
     * make some systems follow symlinks to directories even in lstat().
     * After we've done the lstat, put it back.  Also, don't bother checking
     * '/' at all...
     *
     * Note that we don't have to worry about multiple slashes here because of
     * no2slash() below...
     */

Is this better moved into apr_lstat for platforms (unix) that exhibit this
behavior? (Across the board today, could be optimized later if anyone cared to.)