Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ă…gren, Erik <Er...@ppm.nu> on 2007/04/20 13:27:47 UTC

Problems when using s:include together with s:param.

Hi

I'm using Struts 2.0.1 and I have some problems using the include tag together with param. What is tricky is that everything works fine most of the times. But now and then the parameter passing doesn't seem to work correctly. What I'm doing is the following:

//Part of the jsp-page that has the s:include statements.
<s:include value="RenderTable.jsp">
	<s:param name="change">currentChange.change</s:param>
	<s:param name="distHeader"><s:text name="dist.header" /></s:param>
</s:include>

//Part of the page that is included by the s:include tag.
		<th><s:text name="number.header" /></th>
		<th><s:text name="name.header" /></th>
		<th class="right">${param.distHeader}</th>
	<s:iterator value="${param.change}">
				<s:property value="id" />
				<s:property value="name" />
	</s:iterator>

Normally the parameters are passed and the column header has its correct text and the table is populated using the s:iterator tag with value="${param.change}". But as I said now and then it seems that the parameters are not passed to the include page and then it renders a table with just two columns and no rows in the table. I can't understand why or when this occur, there is no exception or anything to give me a hint of what's going on.

I would be very happy if someone could give me some help with this tricky problem.

/Erik