Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2001/02/18 07:02:10 UTC

CVS changes

Hi,

you may have noticed that I just made some changes to CVS. I just made it
so GUMP will compile clean and I started hacking on updating James to use
Loggable interface rather than directly accessing LogKit.getLoggerFor().
The reason is that sometime in the future the LogKit method will become
protected by a security permission.

I think I haven't broken anything ... thou feel free to jumpon me if I have
;) Also I have tried to remove Avalonisms from James code I touched (ie m_*
) because I figure you prolly figure it as a foul coding standard aswell ;)

I still haven't seen any commit notifications come through ... did someone
notify apmail about cvs commits being redirected to a james list?

Cheers,

Pete

Re: CVS changes

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 11:25  18/2/01 +0000, Charles Benett wrote:
>However, the big question is (as I haven't got time to look at cvs right
>now), does the version of james in cvs work with a released version of
>avalon? When I looked at the gump output, the problem was
>incompatabilities between Avalon 3.1a1 and avalon in cvs.

hmm .. I think there is one incompatable change (passing config data as
hint to store). I will try to think of a good way around this.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: CVS changes

Posted by Serge Knystautas <se...@lokitech.com>.
Posted by Charles Benett <Ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.

Peter Donald wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you may have noticed that I just made some changes to CVS. I just made it
> so GUMP will compile clean and I started hacking on updating James to use
> Loggable interface rather than directly accessing LogKit.getLoggerFor().
> The reason is that sometime in the future the LogKit method will become
> protected by a security permission.
>
> I think I haven't broken anything ... thou feel free to jumpon me if I have
> ;) Also I have tried to remove Avalonisms from James code I touched (ie m_*
> ) because I figure you prolly figure it as a foul coding standard aswell ;)
>
> I still haven't seen any commit notifications come through ... did someone
> notify apmail about cvs commits being redirected to a james list?

Don't know, but I haven't seen any commits either.

However, the big question is (as I haven't got time to look at cvs right
now), does the version of james in cvs work with a released version of
avalon? When I looked at the gump output, the problem was
incompatabilities between Avalon 3.1a1 and avalon in cvs.

I think james cvs should work against a released version of avalon,
otherwise anyone wanting to help with james coding is going to have to
master 2 (or possible 4 if avalon splits) cvs modules.

So, I'm unconvinced of the necessity of gumpiness.

Charles

Re: CVS changes

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
Also the fact that everything is now logging to one file is a bug in Avalon
that I am fixing now so I will update the James .jars w\once the bug is
zapped.

Cheers,

Pete

Re: CVS changes

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2/17/01 10:02 PM, "Peter Donald" <do...@apache.org> wrote:

> I still haven't seen any commit notifications come through ... did someone
> notify apmail about cvs commits being redirected to a james list?

I just sent email to brian (again) to ask him to fix this. :-)

-jon

your pain to new levels. --Anonymous
<http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/> && <http://java.apache.org/turbine/>